Sunday, December 9, 2012

Upcycled Bird Candelabra - Thrift Store Find

John 1:9
NIV |



Thrift Store Find
 
 
My husband picked this out for me, he said he knew I could make something beautiful out of it...
 
 
It's been awhile since I posted, just haven't been able to "get it together" I've been busy with projects, just haven't been able to turn anything into a post lately. So I figured I better jump back in. I've have a new baby Grandaughter that I am doing my best to spoil, so that's part of it, but mostly I just haven't been able to get anything in writing...
 
 
So I decided to paint is all white, then I added some light pink glitter to the Birds Tails, for just a little bit of bling



I also added some painted pine cones, that I also "glittered" I thought I'd try the little pinecone trees instead of candles, and I do like it...but



I'm not sure, I think I may like the candles better...I like the pine cones because they are different...


Help me decide,  Let me know which you like...



4 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie: You really did a nice job in transforming the candelabra. What a change from the original and a really good one. I, personally like, candles in anything so that's my vote but the pinecones laying at the base looks just right. Congratulations on the new grandbaby. You spend a lot of time with her because the time goes by too quickly..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband was right, Lorrie! You did make it into something better. It looks wonderful in white. I like it both ways ~ pinecones or candles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Congratulations on the new granddaughter . . . how wonderful. I have two, but I waited until I was sixty to get my first. I finally told my daughter that I would really love to have grandchildren, before I had a walker, LOL. Now I have two a 5 year old and a six year old and they are so much fun:)
    Your candle holder is absolutely charming. It looks great both ways, so just switch it around from time to time. I have never seen anything like it . . . it is a lovely find. Your husband has a good eye.
    I am celebrating my first year as a blogger and having my first Give-Away.
    Please come visit, my welcome mat is always out, and while you're there enter the Give-Away.
    Hope to see you and get to know you better through blogging and sharing ideas, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorrie ... Happy holidays and wishing your a Blessed Christmas. Your husband did a good job of 'picking' and you did a great job of making it look beautiful. I love the candles in it, maybe with pine cones and greenery tucked below for Christmas. You will realize a lot of use out of this.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete